- 10-12 Tulasi leaves/Holy basil.
- 1 tea spoon(tsp) cumin seeds.
- ½ tsp crushed dry ginger.
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper.
- 1 tsp turmeric powder.
- 1 tbl spoon Jaggery (raw sugar).
- 200ml water.
Steps to be followed:-
- Take 100ml of water and add 10-12 leaves of Tulsi/holybasil.
- Keep it on the fire, till it boils.
- When it starts boiling add a pinch of turmeric, crushed dry ginger and jaggery.
- Let the quantity get reduced to Half/ 50ml.
- Turn off the fire when the preparation gets reduced to the half.
- Sieve the herbal drink, which is now ready.
This drink is helps in clearing the respiratory tract. Good for those suffering from sinusitis, Rhinitis and cough.
Triphala is the combination of three herbs :-
1.Amlaki(Emblica officinalisa) :- It is one of the richest source of Vit.C, which in itself inhibits the formation of N (nitroso) compounds. It is found to reduce the toxic effects of known carcinogens, mutagens and clastogens.( consists of ellagic acid, gallic acid and tannins).
2. Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) :- Its widely used as a laxative and astringent. It is also used as a medicine for ailments like fever, cough, diarrhea, oral thrush, inflammation, dyspepsia, skin and liver diseases. Possesses anti microbial, anti HIV, anti malarial, anti fungal, anti diuretic and anti mutagenic effects.
3.Vibhitaki (Terminalia bellerica) :- It is reported to exhibit a variety of biological activities including anti mutagenic, anti microbial, anti viral, anti anaphylaxis, anti cancer, anti oxidant and free radical scavenging activities, protective effect against oxidative stress induced hepatotoxicity. Cytotoxic effects of the fruit extracts helps in several human cancer cell lines including breast cancer, osteosarcoma and prostate cancer.
This herbal combination can be taken on the regular basis.
Take 1 tab spoon of this powder and add to 200ml of warm water to it. Can be taken on daily basis, with the same dosage. it also relieves Constipation , acid reflux and bloated abdomen.
Ayurveda is a wonderful Health care system.
This system works on three basic principles,
a) Modifying the Diet and Personal Habits of a person depending on the body type ( Vata, Pitta, Kapha ) ,
b) Detoxifying the body and
c) Internal Herbal medication.
This blog will be focussed on AYURVEDA -” The tradational Indian System of Medicines”.